Sunday, January 24, 2010

Waiting List

I realized I go the gym 5-6 days a week. I attend two fitness classes (though we'll see if I stick with the pilates, the devil class), and the rest I run. Since I'm there so much, I decided I would try to rent a locker so I wouldn't have to carry my wet towel and shower stuff all day, and I inquired about it at the front office.

There aren't any available at the moment, so the desk clerk/fitness trainer offered me the wait list. Sure, I thought. I've been on a few waiting list in my time. Classes, middle school (I was on the waiting list for middle school y'all. My dad kept calling and asking what number I was, and they finally told him 17 so he would stop annoying them), and eventually I got in to whatever I was waiting for and its worked out pretty good for me so far.

Out of curiosity though, I ask how long is the wait list is as she hands me the sheet.

"This is page 7."

"Oh"

Page. Not 7th on the list. Page 7.
Right, so I'm not renting (paying) a locker this semester. Guess this is one wait list I'm not getting off any time soon.

No comments: