Sunday, January 10, 2010

Target IS my Happy Place

Last week, I noted that Target, my happy place was having a sale on sports bras and other workout wear. My friend and I both do high impact sports, she dances, I run, and as members of the larger chested club* we both value a sports bra that holds 'em in place. And we were both on a shopping kick and happened to both be in need of the sports bras I just mentioned.

So we get to Target after a round of semi-annual sale* shopping and try on a few things just in case. I tried on a pair of black yoga pants (which I am wearing now and am seriously thinking of taking up yoga now for the excuse to buy more of these super comfy and cute pants) and a black running long sleeve top. I delightedly realized I looked like a ninja and in my excitement I yell in the direction of my friend's dressing room: "I look like a ninja!" (Of course, announcing that severely negates my ninja stealth qualities and makes me highly un-ninja like) But anyway, I decide to be prudent and only get one on sale sports bra and the yoga pants, and not the (ninja) running top. To be prudent.

Right.

'Cause then we see super cute patterned * underwear, that we think is on sale across the aisle. My friend realizes that @ $3 a pair, the 5 for $15 they are claiming is not a sale at all, but just cleverly disguised ploy to make us buy more. Sneaky Target, but well played. I only picked 3 though, once again to be prudent.

Uh-huh. because then we check out the seasonal selection and they since January doesn't have any themed holidays, it's just a bunch of bulk products and workout tapes on sale. Nothing caught my eye, until I saw on an end cap giant boxes of fruit snacks. And can I just say I LOVE the Target brand fruit snacks? And, the box was only, get this, $6. For something like 60 individual packets. Clearly, I had to have it.

By that point my friend I realized that we better get out of there since our arms were getting full ** and went to check out. But I'm telling you, I was walking through that store as pleased as punch with my giant box of fruit snacks. And I'm still a little ridiculously happy that it was only $6.

*I'm going on record: I love my twins. If I'm bitching about them, I'm lying and doing it for attention only.
* if you have to ask what semi annual sale that is, clearly you do not know me.
* Zebra print! Oh yes I did.
** we skipped a cart and/or baskets. Why? We were pretending to have restraint

No comments: