Monday, January 25, 2010

Somebody's Watching Me

Actually, I was watching you! Creepy no?

I used to be tracking my readers. Yep, I had a code somewhere that linked something to somewhere to something else that let me know what areas of the world were visiting, how long they stayed on my site and how many times they visited during the day. And I'm flattered y'all keep up with me.

But it wasn't as creepy as you may think, because well (a) I'm not creepy. And (b) I knew the city that was reading, but not the actual person/computer. So unless you are the only person I know someplace, then I didn't know exactly who you were.

But someplace in that somewhere chain disconnected and readership according to my tracking thingy stopped. At least, it wasn't being recorded or noted. Readership dropped 100%. Boo. And first I was hey, ouch people. But then I figured, that has to be a lie, because I've gotten comments to me and on the blog about stuff I've written, so clearly, people are reading.

So because I didn't care about the technicalities of the whole thing and I know that people are reading anyway, I just deleted the tracking thingy account.

So you people are wonderful but you're off the hook now. You can totally say you read and I'll believe you, because I'll never know the difference.

1 comment:

Bry said...

You ever pop by my blog? There's not much, but I've started doing more regular updates :-)