Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hostess with the Mostest Part 2

As promised, part two of how I'm a a rocking hostess. (go me! go me!)

Over Christmas my friends and I planed to hang out as much as we could, seeing as we're so rarely in the same place at the same time. Sunday night was one of the designated play times. We just couldn't decided what to do and where to go. Snippets of the planing conversation/text/gmail chats:
P: desert/movie/game night? That's my suggestion, but I'm going to take a nap, someone else plan the night. She proceeds to sign off and take nap.
S: I prefer desert and game to movie, more interaction.
T: what about fondue?
Me: all sounds fun. I call not it on the planning!

---one hour later---
after several let's do this mentions and then realizing the restaurant we wanted to go to was way expensive, and we also didn't have a solid head count (which pisses off restaurant to no end), I make the executive decision and

Me: my place @9, I'm going to attempt fondue.

I leave the calling and gathering of other people to others mentioned above, and start looking through the kitchen to see what food stuff I already had. I food network search recipes, and half an hour later I'm in traipsing the aisles of Kroger for dippers and cheese. (I used box wine in the cheese fondue and I am not ashamed to admit that.) As I pull up to my house and pop open my trunk to grab the groceries I said to the lightly falling snow: I'm throwing an impromptu fondue party in two hours. I AM the hostess with the mostest.

2 comments:

schizm42 said...

you're a pretty damn good host. But i must say, my dark chocolate didn't exactly hurt the situation either =P

Spazzella said...

very true, it was super tasty