Tuesday, January 19, 2010

American Idol

The world does not stop for American Idol. There I said it! I don't watch American Idol, I may be the only person who does not watch it, see #60 on the 100 things about me list.

Honestly, I've never had a problem with idol and it's menagerie of borderline circus freaks. You think I would like it because it's all about judging! But when it messes with what I judge as quality television, I decided the all consuming monster Idol is a bastard.

Why? Because I have to wait until April, yes April, for my beloved Glee to come back.

What do you think I want to watch?
A: a televised popularity contest under the guise of a singing contest?
or B: an ensemble cast containing several Tony nominated actors and Jane Lynch as a maniacal cheerleading coach at a high school in Ohio?

(hmm, when you put it that way, that's actually a tough call. But no, I don't watch idol and I have no intention of starting now)

But I know I'm in the minority. Because a lot of the people who watch Idol also watch Glee. They're probably relived that don't have to split focus. So I'm just going to sulk and pout that Fox IS stopping the world (well, the program that I want to watch) for it's asshole cash cow known as Idol.

Way to piss me off Fox, way to piss me of.

2 comments:

Bry said...

For the record, I don't watch it, either. Too many good nerdy shows to watch or video games to play to bother with people trying to be famous for nothing.

Unknown said...

Right there with you Sarah.