Thursday, April 2, 2009

Root Canal

I broke a tooth a while back, but since it didn't hurt I didn't bother to make a dentist appointment. And I didn't have insurance either. But once I got dental (and then quit the job that gave it to me a month later) I saw a dentist in cinci who gave me these 2 options: a root canal that might work, or just pull the tooth. But before I could make that choice, I decided to leave Mark, move home and start my life over. The tooth wasn't high on my priority list.

Fast forward to nowish. I still don't have insurance, but the tooth was starting to annoy me, so I knew I had to do something. I called up my old dentist and scheduled a cleaning/consultation. Well, she's not really my "old" dentist, her dad, Oakie, was my dentist since I was a kid, and she started practicing with him when she got out of dental school (and had a hyphenated name). But when Oakie passed away a few years ago, she took over the practice as her own (and dropped the hyphen too). Little family history for you there. Anyway, my appointment yesterday was to see if the tooth could be saved, and Dr Corbet thinks we (well, really, she) can. So she started the root canal right then and there. I go back in a week to finish it up.

Dentist have some really scary looking tools.

On a fun note though, I couldn't feel my face. Seriously, the left side from eyelid to jaw was numb. So then I spent the next few hours poking my face and giggling. God bless Novocain

No comments: