Monday, April 13, 2009

Cougar/Manther

Turns out, the term cougar and a panther are interchangeable. And if a woman dating a younger man is a cougar, then a man dating a younger woman needs a term besides "happens every day." So my friend coined the term: manther, and I love it.

For my own knowing, I figured I should probably figure out what my personal minimum cougar and max manther age are.

If I am to be a cougar: the minimum is 1/2 your age + 7. So 26 /2 = 13, + 7 is 20. However I am bumping that up to 21, simply because I don't want a boyfriend to like me simply because I can buy him beer.

If I am to date a manther: I'm applying the same math only in reverse. So 26 - 7 =19, X2 = 38.

So there you go, it's acceptable for me to date someone 20-38. That's a whole legal person difference.

1 comment:

John said...

I always heard a man who dates women significantly younger than himself referred to as a "cradle-robber."