Friday, April 24, 2009

And We're Off!

It's here, the half marathon I've been training for! EEP! We're off to Louisville tonight to pick up my packet and then at 7:30 am the starting pistol goes off. For those of you that blog stalk me (and I'm oddly touched if you do), you can find me here. There might be a way for you to track me, so you'll get a email or a text message letting you know when I've crossed the half-way point and finish line. (My bib number is 8963 apparently) Or you can wait for a post race blog, because you know I will.

Anyway, I am nervous. Not as nervous as I was for the Pig last year, but there were outside factors that contributed to that. My ex informed me we were dog sitting that weekend 2 hours before the extra dog was dropped off (like how he didn't check with me 3 months before when he agreed to dog sit in the first place? (Hi, bitter, party of one)). And we were having company too so I was in full fledged Donna Reed on speed mode. (I am a rocking hostess. But you don't want to see the crazy that gets me there)

The point there, is that I am nervous, but it's a different nervous. This is just a holy crap I'm really going to do this nervous. But I have a somewhat calmer approach to this race. I'm going to stick with my MO: finish and not die. I'm not trying to win, I'm not going to harp (too much) on my time, I just want to complete it and say "I did it (again)!" I'll run as much as I can when I can, but I'll walk when I need too. Plus it helps knowing that I have completed another half so I know I can do it.

I'm excited I get to run through Churchill Downs where the Derby is run (I love horse racing). I may not have trained exactly as I should have (I did get my miles in Amy, I really did! Don't worry, I won't ask for another training plan), but I'm ready. So we're off!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I think you sell yourself short and you'll surprise yourself. You've already proved that you can FINISH a half marathon, so that won't be an issue at all. And I'll still make you another training plan if you want one, but I reserve the right to check up on you. ;)

So go out there, do your best, and remember to HAVE FUN!! This is your day; enjoy it! I'm proud of you.

Love ya!

John said...

"blog-stalk."

Lovely term.

Just kidding. Congrats on getting to run another marathon. I applaud you for working up the will to do that, go to school, and work. Bravo, Sarah!