Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dog Days

Today I decided was going to be Bailey Day. The original plan was to just go to the pet store and let her pick out some new toys. Apparently, my dog has an opinion, and I'm going to indulge it. (Cesar Milan, I'm sorry, I do not apply your whisperer ways all the time-I'm a softy for her)

But since it was such a pretty day, though a bit chilly, (yesterday, it hailed) I thought a trip to the dog park would be nice too. I didn't let her stay too long there, because I didn't want her to overwork her knee. She completely spazzes around other dogs, I knew I had to keep an eye on her. She ran and played and sniffed like the kid she is. And while I felt a little bad for not letting her play longer, I knew she would go crazy at the pet store too.

Sheesh, that was exhausting. She wanted to go everywhere and she's a strong thing. I was hoping she would select a toy (by using her non-opposable thumb to point something out), but she was too busy sniffing to pay attention to the whole aisle of toys. So I held up a stuffed skunk (she adored/killed her stuffed platypus) and when she tried to grab it from me, I took that as a yes. And I indulged myself a little and got her a pink collar (Mark wouldn't let me get her a pink one, something about it not being manly? But she's a girl dog! I argued. We both sulked and then agreed on red)

All was well I thought. Silly me, guess who gets car sick? Even though she sticks her nose out the window, I guess it was just too much. Because 1/4 mile from home, her lunch came up. And that stuff went everywhere. So as I'm cleaning it up (and trying not to gag myself), I decided nooks and crannies are only good for an English muffin. I'm not mad at her for getting sick though, she can't help it. But she's so getting a bath tomorrow.

No comments: