Friday, April 3, 2009

Never again

I'm in the locker room at the gym, and my mind's 1000 other places, because I'm breaking down my day into half hour increments. I start absentmindedly pulling stuff out of my bag and first think: pew, I'm fabreezing this thing tonight. And then I notice I'm missing something. Oh sh*t, did I not pack a sports bra? I dig through my (stinky) bag just to make sure (fully focused now-I am a camera), and sure enough, no sports bra. So I stand there half dressed for a few minutes debating what to do. Run anyway in my regular one? But...owie. And not to mention I'll get stinky/sweaty in it and have to wear it to my next class too. Do I say screw running today and go to the library to do homework? But then I'll have to run extra long tomorrow...and I just got here. To run or not to run, that is the question. I decide I'll run anyway, but I won't run the full 5 miles I have planed and take it easy so I don't sweat as much.

FAIL. Oh. My. GOD. FAIL

Pain, stupid unnecessary pain. And I was sweating extra in some areas, so not cool. (maybe my body was trying to spite myself?) But I figured since I was gross, I may as well I run 4 miles (instead of the 3 to take it easy), and I threw in an abs/arm/back/extra leg stuff (2 words: scissor kicks. 2 more: f*cking A!)) for good measure. Yep, I was nice and sweaty. (so not nice)

I had time to take a shower at the gym, but the sweaty undergarment really did have to go back on. Quite possibly making the shower null and void. I made an attempt to thwart/combat it by using deodorant in a few key areas. Maybe the coconut shampoo and baby powder sent was enough to cover it temporarily? I don't wear deodorant every day (it keeps your skin healthy if you don't, and I shower every morning so it's not like I'm not clean.) But I figured this particular situation warranted it.

No comments: