Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family Ties

A coworker was looking at my sister's wedding pictures on facebook, and said: "she is so pretty!"
I agreed, my sister is beautiful. "And she's really really smart too" I threw in. "In fact, she's the pretty and the smart sister."
"Well then what are you?" my coworker asked me.
I thought for a second, "taller and older."

Everyone loves my sister. I love my sister. And I am happy for my sister and all the wonderful things in her life. She deserves every bit of it because she's a good person and she also earns it. She has a wonderful husband and going to grad school just adds to her awesome factor. I'm not bitter at/towards her like I was for a long time.

::small voice:: But I'm pretty and smart too, right? What do I get to be?

2 comments:

John said...

"What do I get to be?"

Oh, that's easy.

1. Awesome
2. Charming
3. Fun

And I agree, you've got the pretty and smart thing down, too. It's just awkward complimenting people directly (I can get away with it through the wonder of the Intarwebz). Most people prefer to brag on people to third parties.

mouthy_broad said...

He has a point. People are very awkward about compliments. You used to be bitter? Ah,sisterhood.