Saturday, January 31, 2009

Joys of Pet Ownership

I now:
  • Refer to myself as mommy.
  • Talk to the dog like a human. Because she totally understands this: "I know you're protecting me, but the tail wagging negates the ferocity Bailey"
  • Try to be the Alpha female (dog whisperer) but crumple like a toothpick holding a brick wall when she gives gives me puppy eyes. (damn)
  • Vocalize what I know she's thinking (I'm convinced she only thinks in exclamation points!)
  • Saying no a lot more (and then crumpling)
  • Find myself wanting tummy rubs too. Or a treat for being soooo cute (I prefer wine to biscuits fyi).
  • Looking for an Elvis costume...for Halloween, right. (or my own amusement)
  • Spelling out loud. Anyone want to go to go for a w-a-l-k?
  • Wondering if she's being naughty when she's too quite.
  • Investing in lint brushes.
  • And peanut butter
  • Smile a lot more

No comments: