Monday, January 26, 2009

Free hug day?

So there's this event on face book: free hugs? Umm, what? Apparently, there's a whole day devoted to this? And there's rsvp-ing? But it's hosted by me? What? I am so confused. And there are links to buy paraphernalia for this? Seriously, what? Because having "free hugs" scrawled across my chest wouldn't bring out the creepies at all. Riiight.

Also? If you start charging for hugs, then that kind of makes you a prostitute. And that's whorey. But you don't want to give them away for free, because then you'll just hug anyone, and that's whorey too. So which is it? Charge for a hug like a prostitute, or give them away for free like a whore? You just can't win! And I admit I'm a bit lonely, but I'm not about to solicit physical contact through a social networking site. Because fail.

I vote, we all keep our hands to ourselves. (Unless you actually know/like the person, free hugging is ok.)

No comments: