Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I do not care for the cold

Because it is abnormally cold my my taste, I have taken to layering like it is my job. Now if I were going from house to car to inside, throwing on a cute coat/hat/glove combo wouldn't be that big of a deal. But since I take the bus to school, I have to wait for it outside (makes sense really). Not to mention walk across campus and UK is ginormous, and I don't know all the shortcuts and secret passageways yet. And there isn't a portion of me that isn't double layers (triple if I can get away with it). I even wrap a scarf around my face, I seriously don't like being exposed to the elements. Though I can't wrap my nose or I fog up my glasses and can't see. So the nose gets cold so I don't miss my bus or walk into things.

For 10 seconds I care about how silly I look with a bright red scarf across my face, a hat and a hood on or that it takes me longer to put on 2 pairs of gloves instead of one pair. But then I step outside and the icy wind hits me like an axe to the face, and I'm glad I'm wrapped up tighter then a sausage casing. And when I see so many people shivering while their jacket is unzipped, with no gloves, and/or don't have the hood of their hoodie on, you bet I'm smirking under that bright red scarf.
So in the end, I don't care how stupid I look walking across campus bundled up like a Minnesotan. At least I won't get hypothermia while waiting for the bus.

Besides, you can't even see who I am under all that garb anyway.

1 comment:

John said...

You should be aware that the basements of the Patterson Office Tower and the Classroom Building have connected basements. That way you can avoid the wind tunnel between the two buildings, if you're traveling from one to the other.