Saturday, January 24, 2009

Higher Education

So as we know, I went back to school to get a new career. But since I didn't take any math and/or science classes in college round one (because that's what I'm calling it now), I'm redoing undergrad before I go for the more advanced play with drugs degree.

So I started thinking about my first trip through undergrad, and you know what? School, wasn't fun. I thought college was supposed to be fun. My social life was wonderful, and I made life long friends, so it's not like it was a complete fail. But school itself, the reason I went to that college, has left me very very bitter. I felt that my major related classes kicked me over and over, and for 6 years, I felt like I was fighting like hell to just keep my head above water. And that's exhausting. I never felt like I got anything right there, and I can blame the subjective grading system all I want, but I just didn't "get it." Design wasn't the right path for me, and I'm slowly accepting I made a wrong choice.

Well, at least with this path, there is clearly a right or wrong answer. None of this explain your design process and why did you pick that color stuff. It's cut and dry 2+2= 4 and if you mix chemical A with chemical B, it will blow up.

I know I have a long path in front of me, and I'm not a super patient person. But I'm ready, and I'm going to kick some serious ass in the process.

No comments: