Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Biggest Loser

Due to the ice storm, the satellite reception is not so much at the moment. The only stations that were coming through at all were the over the air ones, and eventually those were lost as well. But for a while, I had on the Biggest Loser while I worked on making Bailey a new bed. Aka, taking a break from making medical terminology flashcards. Holy crap, that show choked me up a ridiculous amount of times. I found myself saying out loud: I hope the orange team can loose 15 lbs this week! Or, you can do one more mile on the treadmill, I know you can! It's not the amount of pounds they loose per week, it's a percentage of weight that saves you from elimination. I'm cheering for all of them and their weight loss goals.

Anyway, lets turn the conversation back to me now. A year ago, when I was still working at a restaurant, a couple of the servers decided to run a Biggest Looser contest throughout the entire staff. It was all up to you how you lost the weight, but there were weekly weigh ins on the meat scale. True Biggest Looser style, whoever lost the most body weight percentage won the prize money. A lot of these people think I'm a spoiled skinny little snot anyway, so what was the harm in adding a little fuel to the fire? I wouldn't try to win outright, but if I wouldn't have to loose that much to loose about 9% of my body weight. So I thought about joining just to seriously piss people off.

I didn't join but it doesn't really matter. I don't work there anymore so who cares. And I ended up loosing around 4% all on my own due to running and mental anguish. So ha ha biggest loser people, I still kicked your ass!

No comments: