Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Today is a few things:
1) My friends' wedding anniversary, congratulations on 2 years you two (now 3)!
2) New Sookie Stackhouse book release!
3) The only day/night bars run out of Corona.

While some may be out for a night (or day) of
debauchery, I won't be. I have a final tomorrow so my night is devoted to studying. And also, I'm too old for a college bar. Here's a refresher for you.
Side note: why do I always seem to catch the stupid on medical terminology test days?

I did the drinking Corona's/stumbling/dizzy/fall down go boom thing one year (actually, the falling part was a ploy to get a certain boy to hold me. Really, the bar itself was doing a pretty good job of propping me up (as long as it stayed put that is)). I was a college student, that's what you do. But since I'm pretending to be a grown up now, I would rather celebrate the bastardized Mexican holiday (it's not really Mexico's Independence Day people) in a more mature, subdued manner.

As so: getting blindly drunk on margaritas pool side, while a cabana boy brings me a different margarita as soon as I finish one (start with a traditional one (rocks, no salt), followed by a frozen mango margarita (amazing), then a frozen banana one (yummy), raspberry (happiness in a glass)...) and fetches me guacamole when I start getting snacky.

No comments: