Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shoes

I don't miss much of anything from Cincinnati, but I did miss some of the shopping available. The shopping selections/mall here is actually pretty good, almost on par in my opinion, but we didn't have a DSW kind of place (we did get an Off Broadway Shoes a few months ago though). So when I saw that a DSW was opening here in Lexington, I gasped and said out loud, "it's like my shoe prayers have been answered!"

I went yesterday and I ended up getting an inexpensive pair of running shoes to wear as every day shoes. I plan on walking in these things a lot, (mostly campus and work) and my other tennis shoes were getting pretty beat up, or had been designated my dog park shoes (for good reason). I was on a bit of a time crunch or else I would have tried on at least 14 pairs of heels that I didn't need but clearly wanted me to try them on. And that was hard to do, because at least 4 of those 14 pairs were screaming, "Sarah, Sarah, look at me! Look at me! I'm so pretty/sexy/cute!" (I hate it when shoes talk to me, it's so hard to resist) And don't get me started on the purses, if they had had the one I liked in pink it would have been so over (I settled for a new bright blue wallet though)

Seriously, what is it about shoes? I get bored running after 2 hours (though that's motivation to shave some time off the next one isn't it?), and I found sitting in bio class for half an hour (of the hour and a half it is) excruciatingly long. But turn me loose in a DSW, (or Victoria's Secret) and I will spend 2 hours traipsing up and down the aisles, deliriously happy, trying 14 different pairs of shoes and then wonder where my afternoon went.

I am such a girl.

No comments: