Friday, May 15, 2009

Eww

I got out of class a few minutes early today (btw, math teachers in general, amuse me) so I was flip-flopping as fast as I could to the bus stop, hoping I could catch it. Yesterday I literally missed it by seconds, I was on the wrong side of the street and saw it go by. Obviously, I have to cross the street, and I need to cross 2 to get to this particular stop (UK steps for those of you that know campus). These are not streets you mosey across, you wait at the cross walk or risk being hit. There were 2 guys, one of them much older than me, in a golf cart right next to crosswalk button. Since I didn't see the been-pressed-light on, I assumed I had to press the button**. But in order to do so, I had to stand about 12" from the older guy.

Guy does a full body check of me. How do I know? Because he moved his entire head, and then stared at my chest (full coverage tshirt today people). Oh, and dude, I'm the one w/the sunglasses on, I can still see where your eyes are going.

I curled my lip in my snotty way and stepped away (there may have been a dismissive snort in there too). And there's the saying boys will be boys, and I know people will always laugh at dirty old men. But you know what? It's still gross and disrespectful.

**side note: pressing the button over and over does not make the light change any faster you ass clowns. The only thing it does is annoy the fck out of me and makes you look like a douche.

No comments: