Monday, May 25, 2009

How Much Does My Dog Love Me?

This morning I did the Humane Society's 12th annual Mutt Strut. The things you learn about once you have a dog. 12th annual? I had no idea this thing existed! (fun fact, 53% of Lexington's population owns a dog, cat or both. Yay, I'm in the majority now!)

Well anyway, I basically paid $20 to walk my dog around Keeneland (however we did not get to walk where the ponies walk like I did for my race). But it's for a good cause, and my dog gets to go on a w-a-l-k and meet other dogs. Win-win. Motion sickness pill ingested (yeah, I have to give Bailey a motion sickness pill for car rides. Seriously, I have a ridiculously "special" dog), we head off for the fundraiser. There were lots of dogs, all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors, and temperaments (it made me happy to see so many people had mutts). My dog? Is an instigator. She sniffs, licks, then runs away. Well, as far as she could run on her 6' leash (so not far).

God's little joke on all if us? Rain showers. You know what's stinky? Over 100 wet (but happy) dogs. But who cares, because my dog in all her excitement, now looks like this:

Exhausted. And stinky. But cute. Ahh, good day! Thanks mom!

No comments: