Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mean, Party of 1

Last weekend when I was working there was baby banging it's fat little paws on a metal book shelf. So you can imagine the amount of noise that is coming from the area (lots). When I got a look at the annoying thing, I saw that it was probably around 10-11 months, so telling it to stop wasn't going to do any good. It's mom was looking a little haggard, but she wasn't doing anything to stop it. But this baby was not cute enough to make up for it's annoying factor.

I leaned in really close to my coworker and murmured, that is not a cute baby over there.
She smirked and said: "It's amazing how judgy you are."

Is it wrong that I was oddly flattered? and then said, "yes. Yes, I really am"
And then I tacked on: "but I am not wrong about that" (inclined my head towards not-cute-baby).
And her snarky response: oh, no, "I'm not disagreeing with you at all"

We're going to hell.

No comments: