Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cravings

Being a woman of a certain age, if you ever utter the phrase "I'm craving such and such," people's typical response is a snarky "maybe you're pregnant." (and by the way, that sh*t started in high school. Wrong on many levels, because A) I didn't loose the Vcard until college, and B) we know my stance on unwed pregnancy now, you think I would be get pregnant as a teenager?!?)

Today I was having a craving as I am wont to do (and will indulge myself as I am also wont to do). (Plus with the patience 5 year old, I do not do delayed gratification well). But I didn't say anything about having any sort of craving because I didn't want the preggo speculation comments. But if they knew what I was craving then I think it would pretty obvious I'm not in the family way. Because you know what I really wanted more than anything a few hours ago?

Bourbon.

(Woodford Reserve on the rocks thanksyouverymuch. I may have the tolerance of a newly pledged sorority girl, but dammit, I drink like a grownup. (actual tweet from me))

No comments: