Tuesday, May 19, 2009

past thinking

I have 5 email accounts: personal/fun, spam(yahoo), work, school, facebook. And I check them all regularly (well, I only check the facebook one when my yahoo/spam account tells me I have a message). But, umm, I'm scared of my school account. Because I got nothing but useless and crappy news from my first school account. So clearly, I'm terrified of this school account.

I've gotten nothing but adviser stuff, project updates, security updates, normal college emails (and occasionally dirty spam). Nothing bad has come by way of this email account. But it's once bitten twice shy. I'm doing well in school this time, (first semester final grades: solid B average!) and I have to remember:

UK is not UC.

I have no reason to be scared of this email account.
But there's some trepidation still. I have to will myself to check it at least once a week (when I admit to being an email junkie), and I get a smidgen nervous when I do.

Yesterday I sent an email to my adviser with good news/questions about my summer classes. And later that night I logged on to see if he had responded. He told me how to proceed with my scheduling, and wished me luck. All good/helpful things from there.

See? No scary.

1 comment:

mouthy_broad said...

ok, wait--what happened with your email that you are afraid of school email? i didn't hardly check mine, but that was b/c i just was uninterested (they require use of the uc email now for everything) and nobody was sending me anything worth reading. but i wasn't afraid of it.