Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Reading

Today I got a small taste of what summer is like at the library. Besides sort and shelve, here's what else I did today:
  • Told a kid to get down from the railing mid hoist (the railing surrounds the atrium, a fall = broken bones (and maybe lawsuits))
  • Later notice the same kid didn't have her shoes on.
  • Shush the kid yelling at her brother "hush! Mom, make him be quite!"
  • Later we had to tell those two to stop hitting each other
  • Told two different kids (at least I think they were different) to stop running (but that happens nightly).
  • And I got the snot annoyed out of me by a 7th grader (who probably weighs more then me).
Somewhere in there I found a pair of worn baby socks tossed onto a shelf, and an 15" rubber tube that I have no idea what for (and I don't think I want to know either). I also don't want to know why the books smell like burning. And the get-the-hell-out-of-here (closing) music for some reason was ridiculously loud tonight. Ear bleeding loud.

Overall, it was just a loud night. And apparently, this is just a smidgen of what summer reading is. Thought I can't say I wasn't warned about the crazy.

Summer Reading officially starts Monday.

Hold me.

No comments: