Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best Parent's Ever

I have great parents.

It may seem dweeby and peter-pan syndrome-ish to live with my parents at 26. But I'm very happy to be living at home. And to my credit, it's not like I've never left, I have moved out (and back) twice. I've lived on my own, with tons of roommates, and even with a boy (I did not like living with this boy-it was hard). So I've know other living situations, and I have to say, what I have now is awesome.

I've mentioned why I'm never leaving home (no rent, man cave, they feed me and an unconditional support team). But it's not just the free rent and amenities. I'm in a good place in my life now, which I know I wouldn't have gotten to without my family. I knew moving home would be the end of my engagement (the relationship in general really), but I also knew I was going someplace I was safe and loved.

They do little things that help, like getting my bicycle fixed so I could ride to class. We just got HBO so I could watch True Blood. But they seriously went above and beyond the call of being good parents. They let me have my dog, one of the catalyst for seriously getting me on the right path to get over the broken engagement. They help me take care of her too, even though she's my dog. And they support me going back to school, even though we didn't know if I would get financial aid.

Seriously, I have the best parent's ever.

No comments: