Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Runners High

I'm thinking I want to run a half marathon in the fall. I can start training now and be in really good shape in October. I'm not as worried about being in physical shape as much though.

What concerns me this time is my life schedule for the fall. I'm taking a chemistry and biology class, their corresponding labs (fingers crossed I don't have to dissect anything. god, fingers crossed!) an English class (wonder if Library Guy was serious about having lots of papers...) and I'm going to try to test into calculus for the fall. So, busy smarty-pants sciencey things that I know I need to focus on and study. Plus I'm still going to work part time. Oh and there's the whole I hope to still be dating Library Guy too. So that's a lot going on.


Part of me says, yes, bring it on. I've done the school-work-train all at once thing before (though spring semester wasn't super hard, and there weren't any men around either). And I'm much more prudent with my time when I have to allot it to several things at once.

The other part of me says I am just crazy.

But I think I'm going to do it. As my girlfriends pointed out, what the worse that can happen? If I can't deal with the training, I don't run the race and I'm out a few bucks.

Oh my god. I'm a runner.

Though seriously, what is this runner's high thing? Whatever it is, I don't think I've yet to experience it.

No comments: