Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus

One of the few places I do not care to be chatty: the bus. That includes the stops too. I'll answer a question about the time, and I will tell you my guesstimate of when the bus will arrive. But I don't want to know your name, I don't want to tell you mine, and I don't want to give you my life story, nor do I care to hear about your life and the lessons you've learned. Because I don't care.

Yesterday at the bus stop a guy started chatting with me. He may have been trying to flirt with me, but I don't know. I wasn't particularly interested in talking, but I kept my end of the conversation up for the ride. Anyway, in the conversation, he said he was a philosophy grad student. Which to me implied he could never make up his mind.

Today, same bus stop, but different person there. This woman was honest to god bat sh*t crazy. She was talking/having a conversation with at least 3 different people. And she was the only one at the bus stop. I sat down on the bench before I realized what was going on with her, so I couldn't get up and just stand away from her, because I did not want her to to start talking to me. I turned my Ipod up and kept my fingers crossed she wouldn't notice me. Fortunately (for me), she got on the bus before mine, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief .

But I'm scared of what tomorrow brings. Maybe the guy who mooned the entire bus? That was definitely a "my eyes! my eyes! moment."

1 comment:

mouthy_broad said...

that's right--no talking!