Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shopping Bug

I have such a shopping bug right now. I just want to get ridiculously high on consumerism for things that I really don't need but want (though I consider HBO a definite need). Only problem, I have no monies.

Well today was my first chemistry class and I'm only allowed to use a scientific calculator on the test, not a graphing one (which I use for math. Psh, you think I find the zeros of a graph by hand? Whatever, I punch in the formula and trace!). So I got all excited for a second because I would get to buy something! Anything! But before I spent my non-existent money (that's what I have a credit card for) on one, I knew better and asked my mom if the scientific calculator she uses still worked. Yep, plus an extra two, and they work (dammit). I did get to buy my chemistry book and lab manual and break out the plastic. Sigh, it's just not the same though.

Due to my excitement over the possibility of buying a new calculator, I ruefully acknowledged that I am a nerd. I may as well embrace it though. I live with my parents, I wear black frame glasses, no makeup to class, I can barely stay up past midnight, reading is a hobby, I get excited about the possibility of buying a calculator, and I find a guy with his masters sexier than a rock star.

Well, at least I'm a pretty nerd.

No comments: