Sunday, June 14, 2009

True Blood

True Blood is back!! Yippee!

I admit I didn't really care about reading the Sookie Stackhouse books at first. One
friend had the first 6 and then passed them to another in our email circle. And I really had no interest in them, but they had been left at my apartment over the 4th of July and I hadn't been to the library in a few days. So with nothing to loose, I started reading. Then polished off all 6 in week. And then went to the bookstore and bought the next two.

I was super excited when I found out they were making the books into a series. And while the first season stayed fairly close to the book, I don't mind that the creator took a few liberties with some characters, and that the 2nd season is going to diverge from the books. I think part of the appreciation for both is that they are different for one another. kind of like siblings. Cut from the same cloth, but different in their own right.

What is it about vampires that's so sexy? I was never really into them, and I still consider goth people on the verge if not total wanna-be. But now, there's just something so dark and ooooh about them. There's that thrill of I could kill you and I do love to bite. And plus, my only coherent thoughts after watching 10 seconds of this guy is:

Me want the Viking Vampire.

No comments: