Monday, March 2, 2009

Where's My Boy Next Door?

According to Wiki the boy next door is "often invoked in American contexts to indicate wholesome, unassuming, or "average" masculinity. He is a young man who is just discovering his physical and spiritual strengths, and still maintains an innocent wonder about them."

Yay for that description. He's a sweet, cute, yadda yadda wonderful things, it's a ubiquitous term. So here's my thought. These boy-next-door's are out there. And they have to live somewhere. So in theory, they are actually are someone's next door neighbor. Well how come they don't live next to me? Or even down the street or in the neighbor hood? (it might be due to the fact that I live in my parent's house and there are not a lot of "kids" my age around anymore. Perhaps it's because they all moved out like grown ups?)

Well, I think I would like this BND type. I'm sure some of my boyfriends have been this before, no? And I liked them then, so I should still like them now. So where are you BND? Come out and play! However, I don't think I'm the girl-next-door. No seriously, I'm not, I took an online test and I am not the girl next door.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

I find it incredibly amusing that you took an online test to see if you were a girl next door.