Friday, March 6, 2009

What Do YOU Wear to the Gym?

I wear shorts and a t-shirt (which is usually baggy). Sometimes I wear a running top, since those things are awesome, but I only own 2 of those, so I save them for my long runs or really hot days like I did last training (the hot days were all the time last year, I did a lot of laundry). And if I remember, I wear a head band to hold back my wispy bangs. Makeup? No. Jewelry? No. (I did run with my engagement ring though, not that that maters anymore).

I didn't know it was possible to feel under dressed at the gym. But today I was proven very wrong. Now I know I was one of the thinnest people there. Whoo hoo, I'm small, lucky me. But when you are surrounded by cute curvy girls in their pretty form fitting designer work out clothes, and 2 carats in each ear, olive skin, eyeliner that doesn't run, and they are barely breaking a sweat, flipping through a Glamor magazine with their pretty french nails, and you are dripping sweat through your baggy t-shirt, the mascara you put on 4 hours ago smeared across your cheeks, your legs look as pale and soft as butter, while you gasp for air bouncing on the treadmill while the whole thing shakes because you cannot find a good stride, you feel like an ugly awkward troll.

Now excuse me, I'm going to find a bridge to hide under.

1 comment:

John said...

Totally sympathize. I'm usually one of the skinniest guys in the weight area.

Try paying attention to the opposite sex instead. They won't give you feelings of inferiority.