Monday, March 16, 2009

Twitter 2.0

I used to have a thing for John Mayer. Well, I still kind of do, but not to the same extent. What? There's nothing wrong with a slightly unhealthy obsession. So I may have been convinced I was going to marry him and change my entire name to Mrs John Mayer... This was during my musician phase (stupid phase). And I found his wit charming and snark hilarious. But now with his one sided flirting with the paparazzi, (and you know they only care if he's dating Jennifer Aniston) that wit...not as charming.

Anyway, he has a new album coming out soon, and I'm not anti-John Mayer, just not unhealthy obsessed anymore. And TMZ is always reporting he's twittering, so I figured, well why not? I find him, hit follow (because he's not one of those people who protects their updates), and suddenly my homepage had 20 more messages/inside jokes that I don't get. I made a couple wtf noises and realized, oh right, I don't care anymore. So less then minute later I clicked un-follow.

I think I'll keep my twitter following to non-publicity whores from now one. So just my friends really. But I made an exception: Tina Fey. Because I have such a girl crush on her, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

No comments: