Friday, March 13, 2009

Scaredy Cat (that would be me)

We (ok, mom and dad) got an invisible fence for Bailey. There's mini dvd how to train her and it's basically show the border, temp to border, try to get her to stay inside borders ("the center of the yard is a happy playful place"). And you do this process over the course of a month, in 2 stages. Both with the zap collar on, but the first stage w/something covering the zap thingys. So it just beeps and doesn't zap yet.

Well today, we're outside doing our lesson, all is going well. I'm tossing a ball around trying to get her to chase it, but she's not going to the border/flag line because she knows I'll pull her away like I'm supposed to do. I'm reaching down to pick up the ball, but to the horror of all horrors, I saw a snake in the grass too. It only takes me a nanno-second to shriek at the top of my lungs and then bolt clear out of the yard, (and way past the invisible fence) practically dragging Bailey with me on her leash. Thank god we're still in the beeping phase. Because in my blind panic caused by what was probably a small garden snake, as I was crossing the flag line, I thought "f*ck the border! Snake! Must run for our lives!!" While she was thinking: oh mommy wants to sprint yay! (which I didn't, I already ran today and am not in the mood to go again)

Have I mentioned I'm terrified of snakes? TERRIFIED. Because if you hadn't figure that out by my above reaction, um yeah, terrified.

No comments: