Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I must have missed that day in a$$h0le school

Scene: blue Prius, 6:00 pm on a Friday night, rush hour traffic. Have been driving to Norfolk, VA for almost 9 hours by this point. Approaching bridge/tunnel/bridge combo to get into Norfolk. NPR is staticy and have already heard all the stories. Just want to reach destination 15 miles away (according to gps)

Gridlock isn't fun, but it's not something worth getting super mad about. It annoys me yes, but it's not like anyone is going to get anywhere any faster then the people around them stuck in traffic too. Well, I wasn't paying the closet of attention and the lane next to me was about to end. A car merged in front of me, not that big of a deal really.

But the car behind me thought differently, because they lay their horn, seriously pissed that I (gasp!) let some in, in this 5 mph traffic. I glanced back in my rear view mirror and they are flicking me off on top of the asshole honking.

So being the mature person that I am, I let another car (a full size Yucon no less) in. And when the asshat laid on their horn (like I knew they would), I flicked them off in return. And then creeped along the bridge along side everyone else.

You know, I think I'm a fairly nice person, but I'm pretty sure I was justified in being an asshole in that case.

No comments: