Monday, March 30, 2009

Leave a Message

Number one: I don't answer my phone if I don't know the number.

Two: my voice mail clearly says: "leave a message" (though nowhere do I say I'll get back to you)

So leave one if you want me to call you back, not that hard. And I'm not calling you back unless you do either.

I have 4 missed calls from a number I don't recognize. One at 5:45-ish, and then other 3 are around 7-ish, 7:40-ish and 7:55-ish. And of course no message to even tell me who they are. Part of me wants to call them back and say, who are you? And also ask, why they hell did you call 4 times? Did you think at some point that maybe just once you would get the person you actually wanted to reach? This had to be their thought process: Gee, I've dialed this number 3 times, and I keep getting this Sarah person. Nah, I can't have the wrong number, the connection is just getting messed up somehow. I'm going to try again. Damn it! Sarah again!

When I first got my (old) new number, for a few weeks I kept getting calls for a Mikensy. And boy was she a party girl. I was not happy getting woken up at 3 am by drunk dial, and the slurring voice mail in the morning is not enjoyable either. One message leaver was all pissy because "I'm tryun to reash Mm'knseey, and yoorr Sharah." It was a crappy way to start my day. But I guess they left a message, so they got it partway right. I slurry "sorry for waking you up' would have been appreciated though.

No comments: