Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Epiphany

I got an email from the ex, bla bla blah. When I got to keep the dog I decided I could handle an email every now and again if he wanted to know about her. And so far, it's been ok, they're few and far between (you know, the band just keeps him soooo busy), and I just skim over the band bull shit he keeps telling me (so 95% of the email). He still finds me funny (I can write a witty email), and the little snippets of my life I tell him impresses him. Apparently having goals (you know, pharmacy, and having a back up plan just in case I don't get into school) is impressive to him. I guess anything's impressive to someone who's never had a realistic goal.

But here's where the epiphany comes in. The drummer of the band knocked up his girlfriend and she's due in 2 months. Surprise surprise, the two idiots don't know how to use birth control properly. But anyway, the ex seems to think the baby will have little if any impact on the band. Which is of course right on the verge of putting out it's full length album (snort) and also about to hire a manager (snort again). And I'm thinking, you idiot, a baby changes everything.

And it hit me: Holy crap. I made the right choice. Oh my god, I made the right choice. I made the right choice!

I know I've said that before, but this is the first time I've truly felt it. I've been wrestling with the did I make the right choice feelings for a while. And I was definitely leaning toward the yes I did side. But his email was kind enough to confirm that for me.

I made the right choice. I'm going to be OK. You should see the smile on my face. I made the right choice!

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

yes. yes you did. you made the right choice.

so wait.. who was the chick who was about to pop in july? was she not a girlfriend of the band?

and dude. the baby will totally change the band. if he/she doesn't there is something seriously wrong with that guy.