Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Fun

I have a new love. And it's in the form of a pill.

I partied a bit more that I was use to this weekend. I went to Cleveland for my fantasy football draft. And boy did we have a rip roaring good time. We had dinner on a patio then did a little bar hopping. I started with bourbon and coke (which, waaay more expensive in Ohio), then moved onto to 2 pomegranate martinis, and then back to a manhattan. So, also, waaaay more then my two drink happy as well.

When we got to the second place, I kept hearing about how beautiful the bathroom was. And I had to go anyway, so I teeter on down in my heels (which were sparkly and fabulous btw). Upon walking in, I realize it really is the prettiest bathroom I've ever been in. So I do a full 360 turn in my sparkly shoes and say/squeal out loud:


"Oh this is a pretty place!" Failing to realize there were other people in the stalls hearing me talk to myself. (Meh, what do I care, I'm in Cleveland, three drink happy and wearing fabulous shoes.) It was so pretty that I had to take a picture of it:
blurry picture taken with my cell phone.
(blurry due to quality of cell phone camera and also intoxication level of the picture taker)

In case you can't tell what you're looking at, that's a unicorn! The other color blobs are fairies. And then due to my level of inebriation I sent this text to a friend: Im in the prettiest bathroom ive dver sfen. Also im drunkk (misspellings and all). (Sorry dude- apparently I drunk text now. This has FAIL written all over it).

So anyway, the rest of the night was fuzzy except for the puking. Yeah, I was totally parting like it was 2007. I ended up puking by the side of my friend's garage. Meanwhile, as I was doing so, there was a debate if my hair was long enough to hold back so as not to get in my way. Turns out, it's too short to really hold back, but just long enough to still get caught in the crossfire.

Then next day was draft day. I woke up with dragon breath, a sloshy stomach and felt like an elephant was sitting on my forehead. And I did not take this well, so I was whining. My friend Michele asked if I had taken anything for my woes. I'm laying prone on the couch, hand draped over my eyes and say, I would take something, but it has to come to me. (aka, hell no I'm not moving). She leaned over the 3 inches toward the coffee table and places the Excedrin migraine bottle in my hand. Yes, I really was that princessy.

Fifteen minutes, one pill, 4 glasses of water, a cup of coffee and a few (hundred) donut holes later, I was moving around, headache almost gone and ready to draft up a storm. I was about 80% by that point. Though I picked my two running backs and quarter back with the exact same bye week, so, oops. My guess is that I stayed at 80%.

But no matter, I decided the new love is Excedrin migraine. Yes, I'm in love with a pill.

Don't judge

No comments: