Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Status

The other night I texted a friend and they were surprised I was back from my "date" already. So I replied: "I'm fairly new at this f*ck buddies thing, but I'm pretty sure they they don't spend the night." While I'm enjoying it for what it is, I've never done this before. How long do these things typically last? And what happens if someone else asks me out? ::snort:: What if I want to say yes?

I'm an exclusive girl, when I start sleeping with someone, that's it for me. And since LG and I are messing around, see above. So it's sort of like an insta-relationship, but w/out the actual tittle or any girlfriend perks (like default passenger seat, auto Saturday night plans or flowers just because (hint hint future boyfriends/husband)). And what do I tell someone if they ask my relationship status?
But then again, who's even asking.

Obviously, f*ck buddies isn't what people expect (and it's an
over share. 'Course this isn't stopping me from blabbing now). We're not really dating in the traditional dinner and a movie sense, so that's out. I could say I'm seeing someone, because we are, and I won't do anything date-like with anyone else (once again, no one's asking). To say I'm sleeping with someone sounds so... blunt. And crass. It's not exactly promiscuous (because it is only one person), but well, it's something along those lines.

You're probably wondering why I'm not having this discussion with him. Because I don't want to put on my big girl pants that's why.

2 comments:

Bry said...

Thanks for stealing my thunder on that last paragraph :-p

mouthy_broad said...

i think you are doing what many people our age do--if it isn't mr. right(or ms. right) and you aren't doing anything better, and until a better offer comes along...well we all have needs.