Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Over It

When I first moved back home, I hit the bar scene a like the newly single woman that I was. I was out with a drinking buddy (well, who else do you hit the bar with?) and he mentioned that another friend of his was bartending or playing at the place we were going (I don't remember which. It was a year ago and I've already mentioned I was drinking no?). But anyway, he tells me a lot of girls like this guy and I probably will too, he's got that rock star thing going for him.

I shoot him a look and say "Um, I'm a little over the "rock star" thing."

"Ooh right, yeah, you would be wouldn't you."

But anyway, there are several type's that I'm "over." For starters:
  1. The rock star (well, I'd date an established rock star, but the "up and coming" is bull shit)
  2. The frat boy (I've been forbidden from dating them anyway, even if it is easy to get them. It's like shooting fish in a barrel)
  3. The architect (it would be tough because I did interiors for 6 years and I would judge his taste against mine all the time)
  4. The hard partier guy (I just can't party like a used to. And I don't want to either. Though I still enjoy a rousing game of flip cup)
  5. The man child (grow up peter pan)
  6. The guy who doesn't want to settle down (it's not like I'm demanding the ring after 2 weeks, but I'd like to know if there's a chance so we're not wasting our time. And see above)
  7. Dude with long hair (just ick, I don't want the discuss the difference in conditioners)
  8. Hippies (granted, I was never "into" them. Patchouli is a fail)
  9. The broke guy (those flowers for me are not going to buy themselves)
  10. The super religious dude (there's a reason I try to refrain from dating Catholics-nothing against my catholic friends, but this guy was a high and mighty jack ass and ruined it for me)
  11. The super fan of one sports team (the ex "joked" he wouldn't love me if I got a Raven on my fantasy team. I don't think he was joking)
  12. The pretty boy (well, I just don't want him prettier than me. We can't have two high maintenance people in a relationship now do we? see number 7)

1 comment:

mouthy_broad said...

patchouli is maybe the most revolting smell. (of those people smell on purpose as opposed to garbage) it is just disgusting. can. not.stand.