Sunday, August 9, 2009

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

When it comes to fighting with boyfriends, I tend to avoid it like the plague. I have broken up with guys in order to avoid a fight before (because that's not pansy at all). And in an even more exasperating action, I seem to do it in a sissy way too. Because of all my breakups, most of them have been through some indirect method or have fizzled out naturally.

I broke up with my first boyfriend in person, and it was very very sad (oh to be 16 again with my first heartbreak). Due to the uber-sad, I've since opted for the more milquetoast route. And its not always me doing the cop-out breaking up. I've been broken up with (dumped just sounds so ouch) over the phone at least 3 times. Though one of those guys didn't really want to break up. Poor AJ, when he said "I think we should see other people," I said "sure, ok" and shrugged my shoulders. I know I didn't cry. I guess I could have tried to sound a little more upset over it huh? Meh, water under the bridge now and I heard he was engaged now, so yay for him!

Another time I broke up with someone over the phone, then proceeded to make out with him the next night, and then refused to return his calls. I can't image why he thought I was crazy (in my defense I was 20 and all 20 year old girls are stupid and crazy in some way). Hmm, wonder whatever happened to him...
I did have "the talk" over AIM once, but we both didn't want anything serious at the time so it was quite amicable. Library Guy and I just had "the talk" over email. We don't want the same type of relationship, so I put the kibosh on the whole thing and no more hooking up (does this even count as breaking up?) all through email.

But yeah, here's the pièce de résistance of break-ups. I officially broke up with my fiance over the phone. Yep. Uh-huh. On the phone. So the most significant breakup of my life, and I tell him to there's no chance for us over our shared cell plan (did the minutes even count?). The in-person maybe we still had a chance talk/hug ubruptly ended with when we started snipping over a pot (it was mine because it had a lid that matched. duh). It was the 2nd to last time I saw him (though I didn't know it at the time), and we argued over a fliping cooking pot (and I looked like ass too, no bitter there).

Well, at least I haven't been dumped/dumped someone through text messaging. Or post it note (Carrie Bradshaw refrence). All this break-up talk is making me sad. Me thinks the bottle of Woodford is calling my name.

No comments: