Friday, August 28, 2009

Corn hole

I. HATE. Corn hole. Reasons why:
  1. It sounds dirty
  2. It's boring with a capital Ugh.
  3. I don't play sports with balls or teams. This has teams (balls/bags, whatever, something you toss)
  4. When you live smack in the center of 4 frat houses and all you hear is thwap, thwap thawp routinely perforated with that quasi-drunk frat boy yell/cheer/growl/groan (it's yell with a gargle mixed in there somehow) for a solid week from all directions known as rush week, you get really annoyed, really fast.
  5. It takes for-ev-er to play one (one!) game. It sounds simple enough, 21 points wins. Point for getting a bag on the board, 3 for in the hole, something like that. But noooo, it's not get to 21 points first, it's a 21 point deferential. So in other words, bull sh*t. You score 2 for getting two bags on the board, but your opponent gets a bag in the hole. So instead of you getting 2 points and your opponent getting 3, opponent (who btw, apparently has better skills then you), gets 1 point of their rightful 3 because your bags take away two of their points and you score a huge fat zero that round anyway. For -f*cking- ever.
I went to the Woodland Arts Fair last weekend and there was a corn hole game going on. I briefly ran through the above explanations to my friend and she agreed with me. It's stupid. Right after I mentioned the frat guy growl/yell/war cry, someone playing the game kindly demonstrated it for me. So I had a total ah ha! moment and proceeded to point and screech at the game as if to say: see! see! That's what I'm talking about!

Seriously, I hate corn hole.

No comments: