Friday, August 21, 2009

Boyfriend checklist

I don't think it's a secret I want to get married, and I would prefer sooner rather than latter. But before I get a husband, I'll need a fiance. And before I get a fiance, I'll need a boyfriend. (this is kind of like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, only not as long and there aren't 1000 variations) So, I've made a list of what I would like in a boyfriend, because that's what I do (is the phrase "that's what I do" hot right now or is it just me?). Clearly everything on the husband checklist still applies (with the exception of a D or I last name). But these are few things to get started.
So without further ado, my new boyfriend should have:
  1. His own place (a roommate is fine, and I promise to never be the 3rd roommate)
  2. That is clean (I don't want to be afraid to walk around barefoot there)
  3. A penchant for trashy VH-1 shows and food network (this is how we will bond)
  4. A clean car
  5. Makes me laugh and has a sense of humor (well, he just has to find me hysterical)
  6. Must like dogs (Bailey's part of the package now)
  7. A cuddler -but not in a constantly want to get in my pants sort of way (a girl needs a break every now and again).
  8. Have some sort of semblance of timing (at least tell me if you're running late).
  9. An athletic guy, but not too athletic
  10. No man jewelry (A watch is ok)
  11. A good kisser
  12. Preferably no tattoos. (At least not stupid ones)
  13. Puts the seat down all the time (If I have to train another guy to do that I just assume kill him first and save my strength for a different battle)
  14. Owns a suit. Wear it well (I want a good dresser. Shallow? A bit. But shouldn't arm candy have arm candy?)
  15. MUST feed me at regular intervals (cranky Sarah does not put out)
  16. Finds my judging endearing (I can hope)
Oh yes, the ubiquitous nice, charming, gentleman, treats me right qualities still expected as well. Here's to finding!

No comments: