Monday, August 3, 2009

A$$ Tax

Ass tax is the stuff that's left over from your previous relationships. It's the pj pants you refused to give up, the free weights he left on your floor, the book he lent you, the earrings you forgot on his nightstand, ect. And you're either a: too hurt to get them back, b: don't care/forgot about the stuff, or c) a combination of the two.

I don't think I've collected a lot of ass tax myself, nor have I left that many things behind. I may have a tshirt or two and a pair of sweat pants from boyfriends past. And I'm sure I've left trinket jewelry and beauty products along the way. For most of the ex's stuff that got mixed with mine, I threw away or donated (most of his stuff was crap anyway). There were a few that's-mine-no-it's-not-squabbles, but the splitting of stuff could have gone a lot worse. He did try and accuse me of taking a ton of his kitchen stuff. And I snorted back with a "what, a rusty cookie sheet? You can have that back."

Anyway, I think my arm band for my iPod has fallen the by the way of ass tax. I went hunting for it the other day, but I'm pretty sure I unpacked the box it would have been in if I had it. And boo to that, because I have one of the first nano's, so they don't make my particular iPod anymore or it's accessories. So I can't really go out and but a new one either. And it's a little late to be asking him if he's seen it. Besides, I thought it was fairly obvious that whatever left behind or accidentaly taken was as good as gone.

The only exception was the dog. Her I got back ::smile::

No comments: