Saturday, November 8, 2008

Skinny B*tch

Skinny people are not allowed to have body issues. And that's complete bullsh*t. I know I'm a genetically blessed freak of nature. I'm not blind. I see the stifled sneers when I eat anything unhealthy. I don't ask the sales girl for a smaller size, I just go find it myself. I know to keep my mouth shut about body issues or a fat day. People don't want to hear the skinny girl complain.

Sometimes I do say f**k it and not care what people think. But more often then not, I just self deprecate. And for who's benefit? Complete strangers? Why do you think I run people? So at least I can say I "earned" my shape. I was an awkward teen, but who wasn't? I got lucky and blossomed in my 20's. But that's the point, I got lucky. Really lucky, and I don't know how much I'm allowed to enjoy it, or even If I am.

This isn't a rant directed at anyone in particular. It's just my pent up general observation. Society set up this unrealistic standard of beauty, and even if we have it, we're not allowed to enjoy it. I fell for it, I'm a lemming in society like everyone else. No one wants to hear Giselle has fat days or she hates a certain body part. But they also don't want to hear she knows she's beautiful. Sometimes I really hate life.

1 comment:

mouthy_broad said...

ha! i just touched on this on my blog! it is very true. the skinny people i have ever known did not "earn it." nor do they know how hard it is for people genetically less fortunate. and skinny people are not allowed to have body issues according to most people. it is not fair. none of it is fair. blame our stupid society.