Thursday, November 13, 2008

Play Like a Girl? Hell Yeah I Do

My friend had an awesome rant the other day: "Every woman I know is way more motivated, successful, mature, charming, and all around well-rounded. Meanwhile, the guys I know and meet are whiny, feel entitled (even though they put for no effort for anything they expect everything to fall into their laps), lazy, lethargic, immature, asshole-ish, and completely engrossed in non-reality (like video games, television, and shows like seinfeld that show them they can be fat lazy slobs and get the supermodel.)" Well said Nancy!
My ex is one of theses idiots. A boy who's teetering on the verge of manhood but won't cross the threshold for some unknown reason. And when I read this article, I wanted to throw up because my fiance was one of those Peter Pans.

Women have made significant advances everywhere and I'm unbelievably grateful I don't have to fight the same fight as my mom did (not that it was that hard for her, she rocked it). But now are we supposed to feel bad for the man we outperform simply because we're women and emotional? No way, I'm not going to hold your wittle hand and feel sowry for you. I'm not above blaming the glass ceiling if I need to. What got in the way except your own short comings little man?

I'm making generalizations I know that. I do know quite a few men who are just that, men. Who grew up like they were supposed to now find themselves to be an anomaly in my age group. I'll give credit where credit is due. But putting on your big boy pants and leaving Guy-land isn't an accomplishment. When did growing up become heralded as an achievement rather then just a step in life?
It's still very much a man's world, but the definition of man is being chipped away as we speak. And that's fine by me. I'd rather play like a girl, we seem to be going farther anyway. And we do it in cuter shoes. (insert batting eyelashes)

No comments: