Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

A few years ago, I wanted to help my mom with the turkey. And really the only way to learn how make a turkey is to watch your mom, and then wrestle it yourself. But my sister asked me why I even wanted to learn in the first place. I said, "well, you know, one of these days mom's going to be too decrepit to cook and you're going to have know how to too." She thought for a millisecond and said, "screw that, I'm coming to your house!"

Knock on wood my mother is alive and kicking and is still around to irritate the crap out of me into my old age. (that is unless she goes senile, then she's going to a home. And she's been warned). But she's perfectly healthy now and can make Thanksgiving like she always does. So in a bit of ironies, my sister, who never planed on making her own Thanksgiving, is having the entire thing all on her own this year like a grown up for her in-laws. Well, I suspect her husband will be the one to cook the turkey. And I'm the one at Momma's. Funny, no?

No comments: