Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'll have the Chicken

One of my favorite fall/winter foods is soup. Most soups that is, I'm not a big veggie soup person. And it's really easy to make, as long as you consider "making" it popping open a can and heating it up. Chicken noodle soup really is one of the best comfort foods out there in my opinion. It's something about the enzymes in the broth that make it feel better food (I could be making that particular fact up).

And I've been feeling a little down this past week, and when shopping didn't cheer me up, (not even for shoes) I decided to food bribe myself and eat whatever junk and/or comfort food I wanted. We have plenty of chicken based soups in the house, but I wasn't really feeling the chicken noodle soup so much. I was all about the chicken and wild rice though. Chicken? Check. Wild rice? Check. Chock-full of feel good enzymes chicken broth? Check. A few veggies for aromatics? Check. Cooked carrots? All over the damn place. Fail.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

On Sat. I made a huge crockpot full of homemade chicken noodle from scratch. I may not be able to take cold medicine but I can rock the home remidies!