Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Everyday Should have Baked Goods

It's amazing how a pink frosted doughnut can make the world right again.
For as long as I can remember, my parents have had a cup of tea every night. And now I partake in the nighttime ritual too. And about once a week, Dad brings home doughnuts or baked goods to go with the tea.

Last night, I was starting to go down the sad/angry path. My mom stopped me before I could get myself worked into a tizzy, but I had some residual glumness. So when it was tea time, I wasn't in the chipperest of moods. But I opened the doughnut box and there it was! My favorite doughnut of all time, strawberry frosted! Daddy bought me the pink one! And suddenly, I didn't feel so bad anymore. If only all problems could be solved with something as simple as a pink frosted doughnut.

No comments: