Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Life Plan (again?)

I need a wife. Not in the lesbian-is-it-legal-or-is-it-not-kind of way, but I want a good little woman to take care of me (and my awesomeness). I was going to be a great wife. And I actually think I still will be, but not in the same way I thought I would. I was content on running the house (my way), being a stay at home mom, taking care of everything Donna Reed style (in pearls) while my loving husband worked his wonderful job and Hi-honey-I'm-home-ed it every night. As trite as it may seem, I wanted to be a kept woman. Really.

Well, I've changed my mind. I still have every intention of getting married and having a family (in. that. order-babies DO NOT come before marriage in my world), but I'm not going to be
that type of wife anymore. I'm going back to school for 8 years, and I'm not going to take on that much schooling and incur mad amounts of debt only to say, "never mind, I'm only wife/mommy now!" One of the reasons I want to go into pharmacy is because it's totally lucrative, not going to lie.

Yes, I'm going to have to be the one to physically have the baby, seeing as I have the parts to grow it. And I'm more then happy to incubate for 40 weeks (however I will be drugged through labor, it's just easier for everyone that way). But once it's out, I want hubby to take care of it (unless he's also making mad amounts of cash and we can afford for me to go back part time. And if he is making mad amounts of cash too, then we're probably one hell of a power couple, and that just rocks). And not only do I want him to take care of the kids, I want him to take care of me too. All in all, what I want is the wife I was going to be, for myself. Only in husband form. I think whatever path a woman chooses is the right path for herself. Stay at home or not, she did what was best for her and her child. But the path I want now is not the be a kept woman. Now I'm the one saying "Hi honey I'm home! Hey, what time is dinner?"

No comments: