Thursday, March 10, 2011

Storm Trooper

My (dr soc's) house doesn't have a storm door at the moment, which is another home improvement project that's been added to the list. I want it for that layer of plexiglass security when we get Jehovah witnessed (while we live in a no soliciting neighborhood (love!), people don't always obey that (don't love). The only soliciting I approve of, in fact, highly encourage, is girl scout* cookies.), but mostly to contain the dogs so that they don't bolt to and out whenever the front door opens.

But as I was taking the dog(s) on walks (which have gotten a little better since that post**), I noticed I didn't see any storm doors anywhere. Since we have a home owners association and regulations, we thought they might not be permitted. But then, one walk, I happened to look at the right house and low and behold, a storm door!

Having spotted that one, I started to keep an eye out for other storm doors. It wasn't as hard as finding a needle in a haystack, but they were few and far between. So far I've found 10. But because I've been looking for storm doors, I may or may not have secretly have been calling myself a storm trooper...

*I hope I don't have to be a scout mom of any kind later in life. I'm all for Sharktopus and Dinocroc having a few activities, but dr soc and I both hate the wilderness and scout moms don't like me either. Me being a scout mom would be like throwing me to the lions den. However, I will fully support these organization by buying their food goods from my children's friends.

**At first I was afraid they could read. Then I realized they just mastered the fist/nose bump trick and we're still working on the don't lick your ass on the couch bussiness, so getting onto the internet, finding my blog and then reading it might be a bit of a stretch.

No comments: